WE ARE NOW ENROLLING FAMILIES FOR OUR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
- Morning Preschool (children approximately 2.6 to 3.11), and
- Afternoon PreKindergarten (4- and 4-soon-turning-5-year olds).
PLEASE COME FOR A VISIT!
Our Morning Preschool is a play-based program with strong emphases on self-esteem, self-care, and socialization. Children bond with adults other than parents and begin to explore the meaning of friendship. We have eighteen children and three teachers. Children come three, four, or five mornings.
Our Afternoon PreKindergarten is also play-based. All the children attend Monday through Thursday afternoons; and the student-to-teacher ratio remains 6 to 1. The children's social learning accelerates. They function in ever larger groups with increasingly sophisticated social skills.
These skills include:
- Play entry and exit strategies
- Critical and divergent thinking
- Negotiating techniques like waiting, trading, substituting, and blending plans
- Positive and diplomatic language
- Articulating mixed emotions
We also add age-appropriate kindergarten readiness activities like journal-keeping, cooking, class trips to the park, class meetings, and 4- to 5-year-old literacy and numeracy materials.
Please contact Betsy Nachman, Director, at (510) 845-2025 for more information.